Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

What to do when cat vommite yellow loose foamy, why would

Customer Question

what to do when cat vommite yellow loose foamy
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: why would cat vomite loose yellow phlemy??
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: no. usual dry food uri-eas so
JA: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Isabel and she is 8/9 years old. the uriease is food prescribed by vet for my year old make cat ozzy. they both have been eating for over 5 years.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Isabel?
Customer: no. poop and pee good. share litter box with ozzy my male cat who the uri-ease is prescribed for. Isabel has been eating it for a long time
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear Isabel is vomiting. How long has she been vomiting loose yellow foam? Is it every day?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

There are dozens of reasons cats vomit. Since the vomit is yellow, that indicates she is vomiting when her stomach is empty. Is she eating normally? Any weight loss?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

This could be from liver disease, kidney disease, pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel disease, infection. Even heartworm and heart disease will make a cat vomit.

The place I start is with a physical exam, by a veterinarian.

You can try giving her 1/4th of a 10 mg famotidine (Pepcid AC, over the counter) twice daily to see if that helps.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

How is Isabel doing? Please let me know if my answer was helpful and any questions you may have.