petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My cat has a small cluster of scabs on the top of her head.

Customer Question

My cat has a small cluster of scabs on the top of her head. She goes outside but is confined to a fenced in patio area. She is treated monthly with Fipronil monthly. There are no scabs present on any other part of her body.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Squeaky, 11-1/2
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Squeaky
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: She recently (3 weeks ago) had a lumpectomy on her hock.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Expert:  petdrz replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and Squeaky today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you.

What it sounds as if you are describing is a localized miliary dermatitis. It is a descriptive term to describe the change in the skin seen in response to some trigger. The trigger is often an allergen, but can be related to other conditions also. Here is a link with more information about this condition. LINK HERE

Since she is on fipronil, it is less likely a flea bite reaction, but any other insect she may come in contact with when out side could set it off. I would have her examined by your vet and they can decide if additional testing is needed how best to treat it.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z