Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

How soon can I safely reapply a different brand of flea

Customer Question

How soon can I safely reapply a different brand of flea drops to my two cats 10 an 11 years old never had fleas before. Indoor cats. Used Hartz 2 weeks ago sae two fleas today on one cat who has thick fur
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Now we are seeing issues with the Hartz products addressing fleas due to resistance. Though in regards ***** ***** question, we can use another brand (ie Advantage II or Multi, Revolution, Capstar, etc) now if it has been 2 weeks. That is a sufficient amount of time for that Hartz to be wearing off to a point where we can safely use a better option for them.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much. Very helpful.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

You are very welcome, my dear. :)

Have a lovely day,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.
Hi Yuelonda,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Uno & Veltez. How is everything going?

Dr. B.