PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I have a 15 years old kidney stage 4 cat which on daily

Customer Question

hi doc i have a 15 years old kidney stage 4 cat which on daily drip..recently 2 weeks ago he just strated losing his eyes sight both
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: tinky i do the drp daily myself..my vet taught me how
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: so this morning..i notice his left paw rather swollen..bigger than other paw..i check and squeeze it gently he doesnt to mind nor meow in any pain..so i m assuming its just waterretation?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

When was Tinky's blood pressure last checked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
last month
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i m at work ..so i didnt snap

Since this has happened within the last 2 weeks and you're now seeing fluid buildup, I would schedule another examination. We can see blindness occur in cats with kidney failure, particularly when the blood pressure is high. This may indicate that Tinky needs to be on medication or have a change in the regimen you're using. As well, the fluid in the paw may be due to the fluids you're giving building up under the skin, may be linked to kidney disease, may indicate an infection, etc. Your vet will be able to best tell when they're able to see, in person, what you are seeing. Treatment will vary depending on what is diagnosed.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Tinky?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy