Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat was taken to the clinic yesterday. She had an episode

Customer Question

Hello. My cat was taken to the clinic yesterday. She had an episode of vomiting, followed by uniration (within a minute of vomiting), then a Bm. Oops I'm not done, sorry
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: The vomiting continued with dry heaves and another BM. She was panting and having difficulty breathing. I didn't think she'd make it to ER. This lasted or 2 hours. She has CKD (early stage) and she's been to the vet numerous times. I thought perhaps she ate some tainted food, but the vet said it was just her IBD. She also had about 1/2 bloody diarhea which was all mucous after she came home from the vet.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is***** will be 14 in Sept. X-Ray did not find anything concerning. Temp, respiration, blood pressure, heartrate all normal. She take prednisone and cerenia daily. The part I'm concerned about is that she's sneezing (sounds like a horse) and seems to have excess saliva. When she sneezes, the odor is extremely foul
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shayla?
Customer: I forgot to mention she has food sensitivities and is on a novel protien, limited protien diet. No chicken, beef, fish. She has Royal Canine hydrolized dry food. Prior to this diet (within the last 2 months) she was on a wet diet.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am so sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion today?