Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat developed a series of small bumps/lumps UNDER his

Customer Question

My cat developed a series of small bumps/lumps UNDER his skin and around his neck. It makes me think of a necklace of beads. She seems totally unaware of them; i.e., no scratching etc. My local vet tested for cancer and said it was negative. She also said, quite honestly, she doesn't know what it is. That was about two months ago. Now they seem to be somewhat larger. Do you have any suggestions?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Her name is Julia. She has been an indoor cat for the past 4 years since I moved into a senior community; so she has no need of flea medication.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Julia?
Customer: Not really. She is 9 years old, overweight, low-key cat,calm, friendly with the neighbors, not exposed to other animals. She has had a skin allergy which my vet thinks may be food caused; and I have a prescription of predniSOLONE which I use as needed effectively.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm a little confused. Do I need to stay online or will I have a separate email when you answer? Also, have you charged me the $5? The phone number I gave you is not mobile. I don't use a mobile phone.
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Julia has small bumps under the skin around the neck. There will be an offer for a phone call, which is automatically generated by the website. It is up to you if you would like to accept it. I am able to answer your question either way.

Regarding Julia's bumps, you mentioned that these are under the skin. Just to be clear, these are not like scabs or crusts, which would be observed on the skin, correct? Are you able to appreciate how many bumps there are around the neck?