Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

About 3 times a day he has "huffing" breathing, usually 10

Customer Question

about 3 times a day he has "huffing" breathing, usually 10 min-1/2 hour after meals.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: Goes on for about 3-10 seconds each time. Ivan (cat) seems more tired than usual and not as likely to play. Eating and drinking and using litterbox about as usual Eats less on hot summer days than rest of year Thanks for offering your hel[p!
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Ivan is 12 years old. purebred neutered Russian blue male No health problems; blood and urine tests all normal last January
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ivan?
Customer: When under anesthesia for his teeth cleaning, was fine until turned on his left side; then he stopped breathing. Was de-intubated immediately; no negative aftereffects other than tired for a while Strictly indoor cat. Cat food and water only
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I took him to the emergency veterinary hospital Sunday night. He was diagnosed with asthma and is doing better with medication

Excellent news. If you need additional assistance, please let me know.