Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has an infection on her tongue from a shock from

Customer Question

My cat has an infection on her tongue from a shock from biting an electrical cord.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Amelia.
JA: How old is Amelia?
Customer: 2. I have already had her in the er. For 500.00 I cant afford anymore
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Amelia?
Customer: They gave me salix
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I didnt ask a question yet. They er vet gave me salix and sucralfate. But her tongue is worse today. I have been feeding her small amounts of catmilk. Can i give cephalexin i have. They are 500 mg . I know thats too much . Please advise
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion?