Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I took her to the country vet close to me because she

Customer Question

I took her to the country vet close to me because she appeared to be having the same symptoms she did back in 2012. She had crystals in her bladder or kidneys in 2012. This vet ran labs & everything came back clear. She did have worms so she treated that & put her Clavamox for her bladder/kidney. She just vomited twice & still hasn't been acting normal @all. She growls & hisses if I try to pick her up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Oh I'm sorry
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: oops she's a tortie cat & her birthday is ***** around December 2011. She was a feral kitty when my daughter brought her to me. She was starved & very under weight.
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: This last vet changed her food to Perscription Diet
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Porsche
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Porsche?
Customer: She has been fixed & declawed when she was little. Her nose is dry but her inside ears aren't too warm.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh I forgot to tell you that they (vet) had to sedate her with an injection & gas. They wanted me to leave her against my better judgement. I knew she would totally freak out on them. She only allows me to pick her up & she's never been put in a strange cage. I always get a sitter to take care of her @ home whenever we have to go away.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Did the vet test the urine for crystals? Was it sent for culture?

Did they xray or ultrasound her bladder?

Was she put on anything else besides the Clavamox?

What does her vomit look like?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?