Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat is shaking her head and tongue out before she starts

Customer Question

my cat is shaking her head and tongue out before she starts eating...seems to me like she is in pain. She's been to the vet numerous times, ears are fine, teeth are fine, I'm wondering if she has TMJ problems...she is a 3 year old bengal.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Bengal's name?
Customer: Nahla
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nahla?
Customer: she was about 6 weeks old when I got her, she was infested with ear mites but vet took care of all that. Her sister has the heart problems but she does not. Otherwise she's been very healthy. This started about 6 months ago. She can't eat hard food, she's on science diet and has a hard time picking it up, she flattens it all to the plate and I have to scoop it into piles so she can grab it.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I'm sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. Can you share a video of what you're seeing? Have any x-rays been taken of the oral cavity?