Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Can I apply my cats flea treatment a week early? Bastain

can I apply my cats...
can I apply my cats flea treatment a week early?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Bastain he's 15 pounds and 2
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sebastian?
Customer: no hes health just having a flea issue
7/17/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you....what flea control are you wanting to use a week early?

vet guard

ok, let me check the ingredients....

I tried sentry last month but he got a burn wont use it again

ok, what you are using is pretty close to the same is fipronil which is frontline. This can be used safely every 2 weeks for cats for an indefinite period of time.

Like most topicals this is meant to be used prophylactically therefore if you already have a flea problem you are facing about 6 months to get rid of the problem.

Can I answer any other questions?

Can I help you further?

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian