PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My 17 yrs old cat has been leaking clear fluid from both

My 17 yrs old cat has been leaking clear fluid from both eyes daily. No swelling or redness is present. She has kidney disease and thyroid disorder.and a urinary tract infection. She is currently being treated for these . What can I do about her eyes?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Asia
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Asia?
Customer: Asia is throwing up daily, but she is eating well.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Good evening, JACustomer.

Given Asia's history of kidney disease and hyperthyroidism, there's very little that we can offer for home care. It would be advisable to talk to your vet about medication which may help, such as antihistamine therapy. The vast majority of those we'd recommend using OTC must be used cautiously in individuals with a pre-existing medical history of organ and thyroid dysfunction.

With this in mind, if you wish to try something at home, antihistamines may help with the leaking eyes. You can find dosing info here: http://www.allfelinehospital.com/allergies.pml

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy