Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Scabs on their back and chewing at their legs and belly.

Customer Question
Scabs on their back and...
Scabs on their back and chewing at their legs and belly
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No...it's kind of a long story...I have 4 cats. I recently adopted a stray cat...and now one of my other cats is just chewing her fur off like crazy. i am wondring if she got something from the stray
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Which one of the 4?
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: The one with the problem is about 7 years old and her name is ***** ***** I call her Itty Bit
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cloie?
Customer: I adopted her from a farm..and she was always hiding under a coal stove & has always had a cough. I considered it like cat COPD maybe. She won't go outside when it's cold out
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
7/16/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she been showing these signs?

Any other changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, redness, crusts/scaling, ulcers, or sores)?

Any diet change in the 2 months before this started?

What flea treatment did you use? When did you last apply it?

Hello again,

Just in response to your duplicate question, the question fee is $31 (it is just the deposit that is $5). Therefore, please let me know if you wish me to refer your question back to customer service.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian