Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He has been constipated for a week or so I think due to him

Customer Question

He has been constipated for a week or so I think due to him liking his long fur. I have given him several doses of GNC Hairball fomula over the past week but to no avail. I called the vet but they did not have an appointment available. Can't afford emergency as I have 13 rescuses
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is the?
Customer: approximately 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the?
Customer: He cam in today crying like he was in pain
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 days ago.

1- Is he go outside?

2- Is he urinating?

3- Is he trying to defecate?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
usually goes out side but has been squatting with no production...not sure if he is urinating
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
if you read what I wrote in my first question you will see I said he is meowing in pain
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no, do not call. I think that this is not a helpful site. I will advise the credit card co.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 days ago.

I am going to opt and allow another expert to help you. If you would like a refund please contact customer service. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 7 days ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

I am following up behind Dr. Peter to see how your cat is doing.

If he is not urinating then we need to be concern with a urinary blockage which is a medical emergency.

If this is true constipation we can try adding in mirolax into his diet to help soften his stools 1/2 table spoon twice a day either intra. syringe with water or mixed into wet food.

Keeping him on a wet food diet is also recommended to keep him hydrated and help keep the stools soft so he can pass them.