Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

We have a kitten that might have gotten a tiny bit of a

Customer Question

We have a kitten that might have gotten a tiny bit of a generic sleeping pill
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the kitten. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Gabe, and he isn't lethargic, it just happened, I caught him messing around and he was kinda foamy at the mouth, like he'd eaten some soap foamy that is, we just are worried that we should take him to a night vet or just keep an eye on him
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?
Customer: Nope, he hasn't has any issues
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It was definitely a bit of the sleeping pill, it was licked on. No bites taken out so literally just a lick.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 14 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share the active ingredient of the sleeping pill? It should be written on the box or bottle it came in.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm not sure actually, but he made it through the night without any problems and has been as active as usual, so I'm guessing his one little lick wasn't too bad for him. I'll be more careful in the future that's for sure. But thanks!
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 13 days ago.

You're welcome. Let me know if I can assist further.