Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Its not my cat the home next to me ha as bunch of Ferel cats

Customer Question
that the Humane society picks...
its not my cat the home next to me ha as bunch of Ferel cats that the Humane society picks up, I found this one on my back porch crying its eyes
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: were matted and swollen, I cleaned them off as best I could but she cant see well, is there anything I can do for her/him cant afford a vet I am 78 years old and hate to see kittens hurt, she eats well
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: are you a robot its noty my kitten it does not hsve a name
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the vet more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your kitten?
Customer: the eyeball looks funny that's why she cant see could it be puss
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
7/13/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

It sounds like the kitten needs antibiotic eye drops and to be checked for a corneal ulcer which can happen with the viral upper respiratory infections kittens commonly get.

Can you call the human society to come get her if you can get her into a carrier or the ASPCA can usually come get these guys.

The problem with eye infections in cats (just like in humans) is that if they go on for long enough they can lose sight in the eye and have permanent damage.

We need to get her to a shelter to be cared for and once she is healthy they will get her a home.

Something you can try in the mean time is moist heat being applied to each eye that is affected 3 times a day to help remove the discharge and help the eyes to be more comfortable. This is not a cure but can be done while you are waiting for the human society or ASCPA to come get her.

Or another option if you have a box you can put her in is to catch her and take her to a shelter. Since she is so young they will treat her and get her adopted.

Sometimes local animal control will come get these little ones to and take them to a shelter for care.

I hope this helps with the kitten and gives you avenues to try and get the little one some medical care and even a new home.

If this was helpful and guided you on what to do I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you.

Without a rating (the stars at the top) the site will not compensate me for helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

Did you have any further questions ?

how much is this going to cost me, my check book is getting a little low, I ordered antibotic and a eye wash on line for future kittensI hope this is ok?, there is such a lot of cats around here so sad.
I am just a contract veterinarian and do not know how they do the charging but when I have used this service in the past I paid around 20$ for my answer once I rated the expert

There should be a cat initiative group who can come and spay and neuter and help get kittens to shelters to be adopted.

without a rating the sight will not compensate me for my time.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian