Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

My persian kitty has been having loose stools for two days,

Hi my persian kitty has been having loose stools for two days, and also this wierd tremors on his limbs and tail, is that okay or something really serious?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: I just wrote the problem, he looks weak and is not eating
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** is only two months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Casper?
Customer: No thats all i took him to a vet here he gave a syrup for the loose stools, it was to be taken twice a day...gave him the other doze at night and he again went woosy and weird

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

Is the medication called Metronidazole?

Did your veterinarian check Casper's stool for parasites or abnormal bacteria?

He may be sensitive to the medication he is on which can happen sometimes so we may need to decrease the dose. Metronidazole (if that is what he is on can cause some neurologic symptoms which we need to alert your veterinarian to)

I would also see about getting Casper on a feline probiotic called fortiflora (your veterinarian may have this or something similar) to help with the loose stools.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The syrup has ornidazole and ofloxacin, medicine name is oflokind

Ok so the ornidaozle is probably a type of metronidazole. Call your veterinarian let them know Casper is experiencing neurologic symptoms from the medication and we need to switch and add in a probiotic as well to help the stools at the same time as treating the infection in the colon.

metronidazole is in the same drug family as the ornidazole

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okok got it thankyou

The probiotic will help as well

Good luck with Casper call your vet and stop the medications.

If this was helpful and guided you on what to do I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you.

Without a rating (the stars at the top) the site will not compensate me for helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi just wanted to know what alternative medicine can be given to Casper?

I am not sure what your veterinarian has available in India but you could try something called tylosin.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay sure thankyou so much

You are most welcome good luck!