Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Seem to have an infection. Was running a high fever. Not now

Customer Question

Seem to have an infection. Was running a high fever. Not now but lethargic. Shes eating and drinking and using the litter box. Just doesnt want to nove around. Stays sleeping mostvof the tine. Shes a fixed insude cat and very
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. It could be an infection. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: I year three months
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Biscuit
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Biscuit?
Customer: Her foot was hurt and she would NOT let me touch it. She favored it for three days. She growls every time I pick her up.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What is her temperature currently?
2) Has she been examined and treated by your vet for this ailment?
3) Can you go in to further detail regarding her foot being injured?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Her temp is 102 and going down. She has just had a normal bowel movement. I believe a guest stepped on her foot and injured her. Extremely sensitive to the touch. She has started to walk on it but with a limp. She is eating and drinking. Starting to move around a bit more. Vet has not been availablevto see her. Im giving her 3 cc of cipro flaxen everyb1w hours. Started it earlybthis morning. She wieghs 9 pound 3 oz

Was 102 the highest her temperature reached?