Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat is sneezing a lot. She also has itchy skin. This has…

My cat is sneezing a...
My cat is sneezing a lot. She also has itchy skin. This has been coming and going all spring but getting worse now. She has had her shots
7/5/2017
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Does Kitty Babe spend anytime outside?

Small amount of supervised time. No more than 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening

Okay thanks for the additional information. Are you noticing any discharge from the eyes or nose? Have you noticed any fleas on her? Based on what you are describing she may have allergies and a cold. The allergies can be common in cats that do spend some time outside because they can be allergic to something in the environment. If she is not on a flea preventative I would try that first to see if it helps if not then she may need medication to help with the itchy skin. With the sneezing if she has a cold then it is likely that she may need antibiotics.

Her flea meds are overdue. I held them off because of the sneezing. The flea meds did not help her itching problem. Her vet checked for hot spots and fleas and only found dandruff. I am concerned about the amount of sneezing she is doing this evening. She is also rubbing the side of her nose. Does sound like a cold I guess

Okay if the flea meds didn't help her itching problem then it is likely she has allergies to something. Also the frequency of the sneezing definitely sounds like she caught a cold somehow. She will likely need medications for both issue then to help her

Thank you very much. We will call her vet early in the morning.

No problem. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns

In advance, Thanks for giving a rating! Ratings are how I receive credit for helping you today and help me better serve customers in the future.

If you need further assistance for this problem before or after rating feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be
glad to help.

Thanks Dr. Alleyne

Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian
Hi Brenda,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Kitty Babe. How is everything going?

Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian