Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I belive our cat has an ear infection. He cant walk

Customer Question
I belive our cat...

I belive our cat has an ear infection . He cant walk straight. Anyway we are off limited means. We was given some Bactracillin G for cattle. Thought we were going to loose him (Sandy the cat), so I read the label and it stated that it was concentrated 300,000 units per ml and normal dose was 2 ml per 150 lb cow. So with my hillbilly math I figured 1 ml was 75 lbs, 0.5 ml was was 32.5 and so on. I estamated his wieght at 10 so I gave him .15 mls. I have given him 3 doses over 3 days with marked improvement. How long should I continue and what dose.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?

We found him. His ears are fouled up, and smell bad and he walks like he is drunk

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Sandy

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
7/3/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 1 year ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

I am sorry Sandy is not feeling well.

He has a disturbance to his equilibrium similar to human motion sickness.

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/Health_Information/vestibularsyndrome.cfm

Give him 13 mg of dramamine every 12 hours to relieve the symptoms.

http://www.dramamine.com/

Please let me know how he is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri