Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

She is 16 years old and lately has been avoiding me. She use

Customer Question

She is 16 years old and lately has been avoiding me. She use to sit on my lap constantly.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: My older cat whose loves to sit on my lap constantly is all of a sudden avoiding me. She is hanging out in the guest bedroom and won't even sleep with us anymore
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Missy Lou
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lou?
Customer: It's Missy. She doesn't seem to be a bit lethargic. But just yesterday she started jumping up on the counter for her food
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Missy Lou. Do you feel that she's losing any weight? Is she walking normally when she moves around? Is she sleeping more?