Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He is about 10 years old. A couple months ago we noticed at

Customer Question

He is about 10 years old. A couple months ago we noticed at night he was coughing like a human, very weird. We eventually took him to the vet where they said he has congestive heart and they prescribed a medication. He took it for a couple days and seemed fine but then stopped eating almost completely. Now the vet says he has kidneys problems. I am not sure if they are right or wrong. He is week and losing a lot of weight and will not eat... lethargic.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Titus. They said his kidneys are the problem now and he is dying.... nothing to do. Is it true? He was fine before we have him the medicine​ in his food. I hear cat's won't eat anymore if you feed medicine in there food. Could that be all there is?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Titus?
Customer: Today be started puking up foam
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What diagnostics have been performed thus far? X-rays? Bloodwork? Do you have copies to share?

What medication is he on currently, please list all with names, milligrams, amount given and frequency.

How long has he been vomiting?

How long has he been without food?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No meds anymore, he won't eat anything. Blood results showed high and low things the vet says is related to heart and kidneys. Is there any type of food I can feed him to clear up his lethargy? Food he won't turn away?

We need to address more than just the eating here. If the underlying problem is not addressed, the concern with him not eating won't improve. I can advise you best with more information on what is happening. Were x-rays taken originally of the chest to diagnose the heart issue? An ultrasound performed of the heart?

Do you have a copy of bloodwork to share?

What medication was being given?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I apologise but I don't have that information. I will need to contact my wife first. Can I get back to you?

Absolutely. Save this link and you can come back anytime.