Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Second opinion] Cat is about 5 years old and he will only

Customer Question

Second opinion] Cat is about 5 years old and he will only drink a little water . He has vomitted one time . He is an indoor/outdoor cat . He hardly moves and when he does he walks in labor . He don't seem to be in any pain .JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?Customer: That's it as far as symptoms . It has been 24 hours since he's been like this .
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on your cat, please?

One episode of vomiting and not moving much but when doing so appearing to be labored are important symptoms but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. If this behavior has persisted, his vet will want to perform a thorough hands-on exam which would be necessary in such a case.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The cat died about 2:45 am the next morning .

My condolences for your loss. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.