Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I was trying to look up information on how to treat my cats

Customer Question

I was trying to look up information on how to treat my cats hyperkeratosis on her feet. She's had it for a few years now but it seems to be getting worse and she's getting more growths on her toe pads.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Oreo 6
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oreo?
Customer: Not really. She does have a somewhat greasy coat on her back fur. It might be from her being overweight though. She also has issues with pooping outside of her litter box sometimes and likes to pee on my bed if I don't keep her out of the room. I did ask the vet about it once and they determined it was behavioral. I also asked them about her paws and they didn't seem to think it was a big deal.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of representative pawpads to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I've never recognized hyperkeratosis of the footpads in cats and there are no references in my dermatology texts for this disorder. I can post how hyperkeratosis is addressed in dogs but I'd like to see what you're seeing to be most accurate for you.