Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Cat veterinarian

Cat veterinarian
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi I have 1 gram packets of panacur c.
The packets are powder. It says 1 dry gram is the dose for a 10 lb dog.I want to mix the 1 gram panacur with water.Then I want to administer a .3 gram liquid dose to a 3 lb kitten.1. Is .3 grams liquid the correct dose for a 3 lb kitten?2. If not what is the correct dose for a 3 lb kitten?How much water should I mix with the powder?

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also the granules (powder) are 22.2 g 222mg per gram.

Fenbendazole is dosed at 23 mg per pound daily to kittens - usually for three consecutive days. A 3 lb kitten would receive (practically speaking) 100 mg.

If you mix 1 gram (1000 mg) in 5 mL (one measuring teaspoon) of water you'll have a 200 mg per mL (1/5 measuring teaspoon) solution. You would then give just 0.5 mL (1/10 measuring teaspoon) of that solution daily for 3 consecutive days.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you! I have a syringe where I can give .5 ml by mouth. I really appreciate your help!

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?