PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Last weekend he was having trouble moving his front legs, he

last weekend he was having trouble moving his front legs, he was pushing with the back legs and just kind of dragging the front paws. He got over that in about 3 days but now, he keeps flipping to one side and can't seem to keep himself in an upright position and keep his balance.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: he did come out of his box a couple of times and I found him outside. the box is about 6 inches tall on the edges
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Cinco he is approximately 2 weeks old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cinco?
Customer: he had a bacterial infection the first frew days, he was on antibiotics for a week. he is not taking medicine anymore
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When did this first occur?
Has he ever been "normal"?
Can you share a video of what he's doing now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He has been on his side and cannot get up straight. I try helping him up and he just
Flips/falls on his side

When did this first occur?
Has he ever been "normal"?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This began last night, he started rolling, bending his head to one side and could straighten himself up.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Before that he was fine, moving around eating well now he's being more lethargic and not eating as much as before. I'm trying to give him as much food as he can get every hour if possible

Are any other kittens affected?

What formula are you using?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No other kittens, he was found alone and i'm fostering trying to raise him.
I'm using PetAg KMR

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm trying to send a video, app doesn't give me that option or i dont see it. Sorry

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If it fails to load, the files are likely too large. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. I’ll be standing by.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
https://youtu.be/6ygCD08ZqjMThis is the kitten. I've neen trying to make him eat at least something every 30-45 mins even though he is having a hard time eating. He is not eating like before.

This looks more neurological than anything else. My concern is that he's an FTT kitten (failure to thrive) and there may be nothing you can do to help him. He appears undernourished despite being fed well and may well have underlying congenital defects leading to his desire to roll. We see similar symptoms in kittens with cerebellar hypoplasia but this looks vastly different, in my experience. I would urge you to take him to your vet's office for diagnostics. Examination, basic bloodwork, a fecal examination, etc would be worthwhile in determining the cause and if this can can be treated. If not, humane euthanasia is likely going to be recommended.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You don't think it's dehydration or not getting enough nutrients? Although i've tried to keep him well fed, because of my job i can't feed him every 2 hours. I take him to work and fees him on a break. As you can see there are some pretty big gaps of time when he's not eating. But when he did he was eating well. This is an example of a log i'm keeping of how much and when he's feeding.

As mentioned above, I am concerned that he is undernourished. At this age, he should be fed every 3 hours in 7-10mLs volumes. The schedule you're keeping would be some better tolerated closer to 4 weeks of age. Increasing the frequency may help. At his size, he cannot make up the lost volume he's not taking in during missed feedings as his stomach is not big enough to hold that much milk at any one time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well Thank you for your help, don't wanna keep you too much longer. I will continue to try to feed him as often as possible tonight and keep him comfortable and see if he improves some by tomorrow.