Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I found an orphaned kitten on the sidewalk last Monday. He

Customer Question

I found an orphaned kitten on the sidewalk last Monday. He seemed to be doing well with the KMR until recently. He has lost weight and it's getting more and more difficult to get him to eat more than 6ml every 2-3 hours. I know that that amount of food should be sufficient but he still keeps losing weight. My question is-is there any thing that I can add to the KMR (like karo syrup) to add fat/calories?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Nugget. I've taken him to the vet on Saturday and Sunday and they both basically say it's in Gods hands since he so young.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nugget?
Customer: Like what?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Did these vets run any testing such as a fecal exam?

Did the vets give you an idea on his age?