Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Thank you. That's so fast. I just took in a new 7 year old

Customer Question

Hi, thank you. That's so fast. I just took in a new 7 year old cat and already had a year old cat. I've beeen keeping them in separate rooms, but I noticed the new one is drooling excessively and has tears and sneezing. Is it stress related or should I take him to a vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Lucky
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lucky?
Customer: I don't know if this is important or not, but his previous owner did pass away unexpectedly this last week, and he was in the apartment for a few days with the body. Sorry if that's too much information, I just don't know what would be relevant. Thank you for your help.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

Is Lucky still eating well and bright and alert? Did the sneezing and drooling just start today? Is he breathing with his mouth open?