Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat Pooky is hiding and has been sneezing. He always has

Customer Question
had a problem with throwing...
My cat Pooky is hiding and has been sneezing. He always has had a problem with throwing up his food from time o time,but this time I'm a little scared. Can you help me. I am old and don't know what to do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Pooky eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I know of . He has not wanted to go outside for a while. He is beside the and when he goes out he doesn't stay long at all. I also haven't given him his flea treatment yet
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pooky?
Customer: He is out Friday m under the bed, but won't let you near him. I did get him to drink some tuna water but something interested in drinking regular water
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Do you know how long this will take
I am not interested in paying $20 if they do not get back to me today because I could take him to the vet tomorrow
I don't know if this went through or not...it's been an hour and have heard nothing. Could I talk to JA
I was unable to download the app...do not know my password. Can you tell me what to do?
I have requested a phone call, but do not knowif this message is going through. When I first asked a question there was somebody there right away. Now I can't seem to get any answers.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/14/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 6 months ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

I will help you with Pooky. I am sorry he is not feeling well.

Give him one quarter of a ten mg pepcid a/c (famotidine). I usually add it to a tablespoon of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic Or canned cat food.Every 12 hours.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Famotidine-prod11171.html

Remove all dry food and any wet with chunks, pieces or shreds.

Feed only smooth pate canned food or baby food.

If he gets dehydrated give him tuna water drained from the can.

Please let me know how he is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

purrfectkitty
Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert