Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat, calico, Kiki, female, seems to be terrified of being

Customer Question

My cat, calico, Kiki, female, seems to be terrified of being alone or awake by herself. If she wakes up and no one is in the room with her or close by, she starts her meow cries and goes searching for someone. Also, if she wakes up and wants to move to another room, she wakes me up with same behavior. As long as we are awake/together she is fine. It does not seem to be about food, water, treats, or even cuddling or playing. She just seems afraid. FYI, she was rescued last Nov. and apparently had suffered a bad enough injury to loose her back leg, per Dr. was lucky enough, it healed on its own because the amputated area is not one a doctor would have done. Please help.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Kiki
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kiki?
Customer: Not sure at this point. She is otherwise healthy, happy, and thriving.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How old is Kiki?
2) When did this begin?
3) Does this occur both day and night?
4) How does she do when left at home alone?
5) Any history of illness?