Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

CoCo is very lethargic not eating and vomitting. Kitten, We

Customer Question

CoCo is very lethargic not eating and vomitting. JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about? Customer: Kitten JA: OK. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten? Customer: We took her to the vet today and she said that she needed formula, we got it and she still won't eat. She is 2 months old and weighs 1 pound 6 ounces. The Vet gave her some electrolytes and opened up her mouth and put food in her mouth, she appeared to be eating it but threw it up about and hour ago.

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Human food? The opportunity to get into the trash? Torn up toys, etc?
2) Will she consume formula?
3) Was any bloodwork performed? X-rays?
4) Did your vet administer or prescribe any medications for home usage?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Please disregard, my Kitty has passed away

I am so sorry to hear this. I will contact customer service for you.