Michelle Ward
Michelle Ward, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Riverview Animal Clinic
97917792

She us drooling some and very lethragic. She was fine last

Customer Question

She us drooling some and very lethragic. She was fine last night but when we got up this morning, she is not feeling well.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Girlfriend and she is about 2 1/2 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Girlfriend?
Customer: No, she normally a very happy cat.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Michelle Ward replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Michelle. I will see if I can help. So sorry to hear that Girlfriend is not feeling well. Is she a kitty that goes outside too? If so, this would add to the list of things to consider of things that could be wrong. Drooling can be caused from nausea, or most often in cats, they have eaten something or licked something off their fur. Other causes can be a sore in the mouth or rarely an electrical cord burn from playing with and chewing on a cord. A thorough examination of the inside of her mouth, the back of her throat, the tip of her tongue, and under her tongue is needed. Hope this helps.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Michelle Ward