Michelle Ward
Michelle Ward, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Riverview Animal Clinic
97917792

I have a old female cat, around 18 years. She seems to be in

Customer Question

Hi. I have a old female cat, around 18 years. She seems to be in pain, sitting in the litter box howling. There's nothing from her rectum but a small clear discharge and bead shaped solid discharge was coming from her vagina. She was spade when she was younger.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Weezee
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Weezee?
Customer: She is. Lind for about 5 years now but otherwise healthy until this Blind
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Michelle Ward replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Michelle. I will see if I can help. I'm concerned that Weezee may have some discomfort at the litter box. A bladder infection or constipation may be the cause of her discomfort. If there is discharge, then it may be the urinary system as the urine exits through the vagina. She needs to have her abdomen palpated for constipation and a urine sample tested for an infection or stones. Would you be able to do that? This is what she needs to get her more comfortable.