Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

14 yr old orange cat, lump noted on his hip near his tail,

Customer Question

14 yr old orange cat, lump noted on his hip near his tail, had it for about a month, doesn't seem painful, thought its probably a lipoma. Now noticing he limps slightly. Still eating well, pleasant, playful. Trying to save the vet cost, but should I take him?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Sheena Christensen replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. I am Dr. Christensen. Sorry to hear that Kirby is now limping. My advice would be to have Kirby seen by a veterinarian. If he is limping, there is some amount of pain that is causing it. Even if it has nothing to do with the lump, I think it is worthwhile to have him evaluated to try to determine what is causing the limp and to get him some treatment to ensure that Kirby is comfortable.

Do you have any further questions?