Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Im quite concerned about my tabby. She has been vomiting for

Customer Question

hello doctor Im quite concerned about my tabby. She has been vomiting for the last few days., vomiting her food up after she eats. Im frightened I have harmed her. I gave her (human Medication) 5mg Maxalon (metoclopramide) She is acting a bit weird but is in her usual spot (my lap) and has just finished snoring. Can u please advise
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no, hes fine. but I am worried about the cat?
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: its not a dog its a Cat
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

She may be acting off due to the metoclopramide dosage. If she is under 20#, she's received too much medication for a cat her size. 2.5mg would have been the ideal dosage, not 5mg, and overdosages are known to cause agitation and feeling unwell. It will be hard to know if this is her feeling unwell due to the medication or the vomiting.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Human food? The opportunity to get into the trash? Torn up toys, etc?

Is she vomiting still?