Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My daughter had a cat wander in, probably from the bush out

Customer Question

my daughter had a cat wander in, probably from the bush out the back of her house, it has an eye infection and I was wondering were she can take the poor thing to have it looked at. I have looked into having vet insurance but it doesn't cover pre existing problems and we don't know how old the cat is or what type of cat. it is pure white, a little skinny but is eating well, my daughter only works 2 days a week so neither of us can afford an exorberant vet bill, but nor do we want to see the poor thing suffering. wat do you suggest please
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?
Customer: we have named it Lil puss
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lil?
Customer: no, he seems quiet well, a little sad but I think he may have been dumped
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Leonie, the most important thing right now is to have the cat scanned for a microchip by either a vet or animal control. Are you planning to keep him once he's treated?

If you will tell me your location, I will comprise a list of vets to try in your area.