Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I had two 10 year old cats who were not littermates who

Customer Question

I had two 10 year old cats who were not littermates who never really bonded. The female was the alpha cat; the tom was just sort of laid back and sort of let her do as she pleased. Both were neutered. The female cat is extremely possessive and now very "clingy". I am thinking of introducing two bonded female kittens. Is this a good idea or not?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the kitten. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Two kittens-- Brittany and Mia.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Brittany?
Customer: The remaining adult 10 year old cat has a highly developed sense of smell. She was the alpha cat and is extremely possessive of me.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

The two established cats that you have, do you experience any fights between them?
How old are the kittens?
Is the alpha female playful?
Is the male playful?
What type of clingy behavior does your established female exhibit?