Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

How often can I repeat the dose of arsenicum album 30 for a

Customer Question

How often can I repeat the dose of arsenicum album 30 for a cat with restlessness, diarhea, meowing, distress? We gave a dose 1 hour ago. Seemed to help at first, but now symptoms back. Starla is 13 and has hyperthyroidism.
JA: Have you experienced any recent physical or emotional illnesses? What medicines (prescription, homeopathic or over-the-counter) have you taken recently?
Customer: Gave Lycopodium 10 m earlier today. This had been helping her to eat and gain weight. Our other cat Holly, was very sick over the weekend and I was very upset. Holly is better but now Starla is in crisis. She is very sensitive. She became Hyperthyroid a couple of days after her best buddy Hayward passed. This was 31/2 years ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She is very thin, about 4 1/2 lbs. She is so sweet, I hate to see her suffer. Noy sure what to do. Thank you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

Dose by mouth or on food

Severe conditions: (acute or intense)5 drops every 3 – 4 hours

Chronic conditions: (long duration, persisting)5 drops twice daily

Go out and get jars of turkey baby food with no onion powder. Add one tablespoon of boiled white rice to each jar. Feed only that till the stool firms up.

Then feed canned food in small meals every two hours. That is the best way for her body to metabolize calories and put weight back on.

make a cheap safe mood stabilizer add 3 mg of melatonin to food containing turkey. Either baby food or canned cat food.Turkey contains l.triptophan so combining it with melatonin will calm her down. However it must be given every 24 hours as the effects are cumulative.

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/melatonin-3-mg

Please let me know how she is dong. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Kind regards,

Terri