Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

About a year ago her back leg quit working. Took her to the

Customer Question

About a year ago her back leg quit working. Took her to the animal hospital she was there for about 4 days, as they thought she might just have fallen and knocked a joint out of place, After 4K I had to bring her home as the doctors said I would need to get here some training wheels for her back legs, She is getting around fairly well as her sight is not good. She stares into space as confused. Eats and drinks well, good on the bathroom thing outside. Solid. Thinking liver issues. Very small like 4 LBs at 7 years. overnight just gained a bunch of weight. Maltase female 8 years old next month, Thanks for your help!!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There was from her being in the hospital, She chewed on the bandage as we got it to heal. Just looked as her feet look fine
JA: What is the animal's name?
Customer: Sofiie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sofiie?
Customer: Lays upside down to sleep. grunts a lot. is something she did not do before.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Does her sight seem poor all the time or just when she is spaced out?

Are her gums pink, yellow or pale/white?

Has she been drinking more?

When you say Sofiie has suddenly gained weight do you mean her belly has gotten bigger?