Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

We have a larger cat that is quite sick. We had, him* in the

Customer Question

Hi there, we have a larger cat that is quite sick. We had hi.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: him* in the ER vet on Saturday with what looked like diarrhea with part of tissue in it coming out? The vet did blood work and an abdominal X-ray and no obstructions nor blockages in his bowels or intensities. Blood work was ok with slightly elevated liver enzymes. We took hi, home with anti diarrheal medicine and pain medication. He's still not wanting to really eat or drink and he has this stick brown goop coming out of his mouth and a tiny bit out of his eyes now. He just passed another super runny, dark stool.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 9
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tober?
Customer: He's a bigger cat, orange tabby, he used to weigh. 20 pounds but is down to 15 now
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What medications is he on specifically?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, or drooling?

Do you mean he is vomiting brown? Or does he have this in the corners of his mouth?

Is his stool dark brown or black?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?