Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Cat takes off running like something is hurting her, Oreo is 8 yrs old, she has had almost 200 dollars in test to no

Customer Question
she takes off running like...
she takes off running like something is hurting her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Oreo is 8 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oreo?
Customer: she has had almost 200 dollars in test to no avail
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
4/29/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs replied 7 months ago
Cher
Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Hi again,

I'm so sorry you did not receive an answer earlier. Different experts come online at various times and I recently logged in and was notified of your question. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

I'm sorry to hear that Oreo has this symptom and it's worrying you. There are other symptoms that go along with the condition I'm thinking she may have, like trying to bite at her sides, back legs or tail, her skin 'rippling', staring at something that doesn't seem to be there--these are symptoms of a medical condition called feline hyperesthesia. Even if she doesn't have all the symptoms, she may have the condition. Here is more information for you to read:

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/Health_Information/HyperesthesiaSyndrome.cfm

----------

I'm sorry you have already spent so much on tests at the vet, but if no diagnosis was made, please ask your vet for a referral to a veterinary neurology specialist. Specialists are usually found in 24 hour ER vet hospitals and teaching hospitals. Also, discuss with your vet if hyperesthesia syndrome might be possible. It's related to seizures, in a way and that's why I recommend seeing a neurology specialist.

I hope this helps and all will be well with your Oreo!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback--

5 stars from the ratings box at the top of your page; that is the only way I will receive credit from the website for my effort and assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation. Should you need me for any follow-up, clarification or additional information, simply click 'Reply to Expert' and I will always be here for you and Oreo at no additional charge.

Please don't hesitate to request me by name, for any future questions; just type: "For Cher Only" to begin your post. Thank you!

Warm regards,
Cher

Hi again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going with you and your kitty. My primary goal is to always provide the best answer possible. Did you find my answer helpful? Please let me know.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Cher

I haven't heard back from you and wanted to know how Oreo is doing. Did you get a diagnosis from the vet or a specialist?

Did you find my suggestions helpful? Please let me know, as I'm concerned for Oreo and would like an update on how she's coming along.

Please reply at your convenience. Thank you very much!

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Cher
Cher
Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs