Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

I adopted 6 months old Shirazi cat, I found that she has ear

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: i adopted 6 months old Shirazi cat, I found that she has ear mites and I noticed that the hair on her head is starting to fall, I took her to vet clinic he prescribed for the ear oridermyl to be applied everyday for 2weeks and fir skin problem ( Mizoram shampoo to use once a week and lamisil spray to apply everyday for 2weeks) now I saw in her right foot a spot hairless, I am afraid that the medication is not right. How can I help the poor thing.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: she is not eating well, I'm feeding her dry food plus home made chicken l need something to boost her appetite. Also I have a 9 month adopted rag doll male , he is healthy and has an excellent appetite. Is necessary to give him supplements?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I followed all my vet instructions, but I feel it's not working. I upload my cats pictures.
Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sending from Saudi Arabia.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

My fear for your very cute kitten is that she may also have scabies mites that present as hair loss on her head. If you were in the states, there are things that would work for this...one is a product called Bravecto for fleas and ticks that also kills mange mites. Revolution, another flea, tick product will kill ear mites. Look for these where you are...if they are not present, then your vet will need to do a skin scraping of your sweet kitten's head to look for mites and treat the ear mites (this also kills scabies mites) with Ivermetctin, which your vet should have access to. This may be in the form of Ivomec for cattle but it is the same. Ask your vet....

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Doctor can you please list the medication I should use for my kitten. Also please tell me what supplements I should use because as I told you her appitite is weak and I need something to strengthen bone and fur for the kitten and the rag doll male cat.
Kindly list all the medications and vitamins so I'll do my best to get it either from Saudi or else where.
Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm waiting for the new Cat Veterinarian response, 24 hours has been passed.
Thank you