Chelsea Schwarb
Chelsea Schwarb,
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at Towne and Country Animal Hospital
98621803

We just adopted a 16 week old cheetoh a week ago and our 8

Customer Question

Hi there. We just adopted a 16 week old cheetoh a week ago and our 8 year old cat has stopped eating yesterday and today. I am trying to find out how to get her to eat.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Mitty is the older one
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mitty?
Customer: She has always been skidish. She still hasn't really warmed up to me and I have been in the house for 4 years
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Chelsea Schwarb replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed veterinarian. I would be happy to help answer your questions. Please let me know when you are back online so I can help you and Mitty. Thank you!

Could you please tell me if Mitty is showing any other symptoms of illness aside from not eating for the past 2 days? Has she had any vomiting, diarrhea, labored breathing, changes in urination (increase or decrease), or behavior changes?

Does she have any prior health concerns such as heart, kidney or bowel disease? Is she indoor only or is she indoor/outdoor. Is the new kitten displaying any signs of illness currently?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Chelsea Schwarb