Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Can a cat be spayed while pregnant without harming her

can a cat be spayed while pregnant without harming her

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. This is a very short answer I know but it 100% answers your question. : The answer is yes, this is not an unsafe procedure, in fact it is something I have carried out myself on a great number of occasions on stray and feral cats. There are enough kittens in the world which face an uncertain future and spaying is an advantage to the mother as she will not longer have unwanted kittens, and spayed cats are easier to home.

2. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.