Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

The skin covering in both eyes is across his eyes about 1/4

The skin covering in both eyes is across his eyes about 1/4 for the second day. I thought he was tired. Alsi messy poop. Tks, Kathy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Kronos
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kronos?
Customer: Started taking care of him after being dumped a few years ago. He stays in at night, in and out during day but did spend one night out because he wouldn't come in before I went to bed. Then the poops and eye thing.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Hello, Kathy,
The skin over Kronos's eyes are his third eyelids, which normally are hidden in the corners of the eyes. When a cat is sick, especially with digestive problems, they will partially cover their eyes with the third eyelids; we don't know why.

It can also be a sign of an eye problem such as an eye infection, or a scratched cornea.

If his "messy poop" is diarrhea, that might be the reason his eyes are like this. If you treat the diarrhea, his eyes will probably go back to normal. Diarrhea can be from parasites, infection, or something he ate that disagreed with him. I would have a stool sample checked for parasites, treat for any parasites that are seen, and get diarrhea medication from your veterinarian.

Please let me know what other questions you have.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. Kathy

You are welcome! Thanks for the great rating!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?