Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

She is acting very weird.....like she's not sure where she

She is acting very weird.....like she's not sure where she is
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: She's walking real slow and sniffing everything....kind of lost
JA: Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No....she's pretty lazy
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** is anywhere from 3-9ish
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sophie?
Customer: I put activyl on her and my boy cat today and she started acting weird hours later
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My boy Buddy is fine. Sophie is hunched down a bit, kind of a slow sniffing, stalking thing. Not like her at all.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan. Currently I'm reviewing your question, and will be back to you in a few minutes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She's not bothered by Buddy and she doesn't really like him too much

It sounds like Sophie is having a reaction to the activyl. This can certainly happen even if she's had the product before. Typical reactions in cats are mental dullness, spaciness and can lead to drunken walking or even seizures! What you need to do is to wash her with a degreasing dish soap (like dawn or similar). Then rinse her thoroughly with lots of fresh water. Make sure to scrub a lot on the spot where you applied the activyl. Over the next few hours she'll start to act more normally and recovery over the next 12-24 hours. If she start seizing then she needs to see the vet for some more supportive care. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's her symptoms exactly except no seizures. I did try to wash it off with water......going for the soap now....thank you

You are very welcome! Good luck.

Dr. Dan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Dan