Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I just wrote in about my cat Charlie, but I couldn't find my

Customer Question

I just wrote in about my cat Charlie, but I couldn't find my wallet. Do you still have that info?
JA: I'm sure Charlie feels you are doing your best. What seems to be the problem with Charlie?
Customer: She constantly licks, bites around her front paws and cleaning her face. Her appetite is fine, but she will shake her head vigorously. Tonight has been especially bad. Every so often her body jerks. I took her to the vets a couple of weeks ago and her urine was fine
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Charlie?
Customer: but they found some calcium in her blood
JA: How old is Charlie?
Customer: She was a rescue. Maybe 9.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

Can you tell me if you have used any of the treatments we discussed before or ay from the vet to reduce her signs?

Did her vet recheck the bloods to make sure that calcium was genuinely elevated?

Have they done any other checks to determine its cause?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Calcium level was a little high. Urine fine. Told me to get allergy meds which I ordered yesterday. They did say to go back and have another blood test. It cost me almost $300. They also gave her a rabies shot. She had gained weight.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you going to call?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hi again,

My apologies, but I cannot offer the live phone call option at this time (it is a auto offer from the site). Therefore, please let me know if you want to discuss your wee one further via the Q+A feature as we have or if you wish for me to opt out to see if a fellow colleague can offer this service to you.

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fellow colleague
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

No worries,

I will opt out now (do be aware I won't be able to reply or see replies after this note) and hopefully a colleague will be able to assist.

Take care,

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Don't bother. I never got a colleague so the charge should only be $5.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am taking her to a vet. Not going to wait 24 hours