Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My cat is not urinating, he goes in the litter box and

Customer Question

my cat is not urinating, he goes in the litter box and squats to go and and,nothing. Took him to our vet last night, gave him an antibiotic shot and intervise liquid. any suggestions?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Name Taz, 5 yrs old
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Taz, like the tazamian devil
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about tazamian?
Customer: no
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Since Taz did get treatment last night, the antibiotic should have taken effect by now. My concern for your sweet guy is that if he is blocked with crystals and cannot urinate, this could be come a life threatening situation. Make sure that his bladder is empty....if it feels large and hard, then he may be blocked and if this is not taken care of right away, his bladder could burst and this could be fatal. Check his abdomen to see if you feel a mass the size of a softball...if so, take him back to your vet immediately. Even if you do not feel this, it is wise to have your vet check Taz to be sure he is not blocked and only has a Urinary Tract Infection which will respond to the treatment given.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not interested, send my $5.00 back

I am so sorry that I was not able to help. I am not sure why but if there is something that I can clarify to you, I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please send my $5.00 back, not interested
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was under the impressions there was a $5.00 charge, not there is a $17.00 charge, you tell me $5.00 then I can get an answer for another $17.00. Send my $5.00 back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact***@******.*** for customer service...they will take care of you...so sorry for the confusion!

Have a great day!