Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My. cat got into vitamins I had on bathroom counter..Mega

Customer Question

my. cat got into vitamins I had on bathroom counter..Mega red fish oil, Vit D 1000u and Colace 100mg...chewed on them but didn't swallow, now she is drooling
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Jasmine, 7 yrs, 15 lbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jasmine?
Customer: she didn't actually swallow any, but chewed them and unknown amt of liquid from each is gone...left the casings behind
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 6 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. I would not worry about this too much, 1000 iu of vitamin d is well below the toxic level for a cat of Jasmine's size and Colace is sometimes prescribed for cats and is very safe for them, so no real worries of any sort.

2. Hopefully all that has happened here is that these capsules have somehow irritated Jasmine's mouth, it would be an idea to thoroughly flush out her mouth with warm water and then just keep an eye on her for few hours. If the drooling doses not resolve or if you note any deterioration then it would be best to have her checked over by a local vet just to be on the safe side..

3. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Jasmine's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Jasmine is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the vitamin tablet and Colace issue ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott