Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I just brought my Kitty home from spay surgery and she's

Customer Question

I just brought my Kitty home from spay surgery and she's acting like she's in heat. Is this normal?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your kitty?
Customer: I just brought my Kitty home from spay surgery and she's acting like she's in heat. Is this normal?
JA: Where does your kitty seem to hurt?
Customer: She doesn't seem to be in too much pain but is acting as she's in heat
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the kitty's name and age?
Customer: Bella. About 4 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: No
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? That definitely is a odd behavior. What is she doing that make you think she is acting like she is in Heat? Is she being extra affectionate?